Breast implants, particularly advanced options like the gummy bear implant, are designed to last for years. They may not, however, last for a lifetime, making breast implant revision surgery an eventuality for many women who have undergone breast augmentation.
While there are many reasons you may wish to consider breast implant revision or replacement, five of the most common are:
- Implant rupture – ruptures in saline breast implants are easy to notice and will produce almost immediate asymmetry. Silicone implants may take longer to deflate, but ruptures will likely change breast appearance over time
- Implant imperfections – rippling, wrinkling, and double bubble are some of the more common breast implant imperfections that can take place over time
- A desire to change breast size or shape – over time, you may wish to go larger or smaller, or to adjust your breast size and shape to match the changing contours of your body
- Discomfort – capsular contracture is most common within the first six months following breast augmentation, but can occur after that time as well. This uncomfortable condition results from the formation of scar tissue that pulls on the breast implant capsule
- Reversal – some women choose, after having implants for a period of time, to return to their natural breast size
Regardless of your reasoning, if you would like to change or remove your breast implants, Greenwood plastic surgeon Dr. Ted Vaughn is here to help. Paying close attention to your desires and making all adjustments necessary to complement your frame, Dr. Vaughn will customize your breast implant revision to produce the most pleasing results.
If you would like to learn about your options for removing your implants or revising your breast augmentation results, please contact Piedmont Plastic Surgery online or by calling 864-223-0505 to schedule a consultation today. We serve women living in Greenville, Anderson, Columbia, and surrounding areas of South Carolina from our convenient Greenwood location.