It’s normal to have questions about getting ready for a mommy makeover. The good news is that it only takes a bit of preparation to enjoy peace of mind and a smooth recovery. Here are some simple suggestions that will help you line everything up before your surgical date arrives:
- Request time off: Your body will need time to heal after your mommy makeover. Plan on taking a break from your job to support this process. Remember that by undergoing multiple procedures at once, you’re able to limit your total recovery time and get back to normal activities faster. But don’t push yourself to do anything before you’re ready.
- Buy recovery supplies: You should receive a suggested list of recovery supplies to purchase in advance. Items on the list may include compression garments, wearable ice packs or cold compresses, and supplements such as arnica to minimize bruising. Make sure that you also have loose and comfortable clothing to wear during recovery.
- Set up childcare: After surgery, you’ll need to avoid heavy lifting and too much activity. For that reason, it can be difficult to watch young children on your own. It's important to line up childcare so you can focus on doing what’s best for your body.
- Arrange for transportation: The anesthesia used during surgery will make it impossible for you to drive yourself home. Ask a trusted friend or loved one to give you a ride from our accredited in-office surgical suite and monitor you when you get back to your place.
- Stop using nicotine: Nicotine can slow your recovery and increase your risk of complications. Stop smoking cigarettes, vaping, or using nicotine replacement therapy at least four weeks before surgery.
Get More Tips During a Consultation
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ted Vaughn will provide you with detailed pre-op instructions. Schedule a consultation at 864-223-0505 to learn all about preparing for your individualized mommy makeover procedure. Piedmont Plastic Surgery proudly serves patients from Greenwood, Greenville, and Columbia, South Carolina, as well as Augusta, Georgia.